Home People Accidents Death by Scarlet Fever through Scalds

Death by Scarlet Fever through Scalds

September 1927

Sheffield Daily Telegraph – Wednesday 07 September 1927

At Barnsley inquest yesterday on Gordon Law, aged four years and eight months, the son of Harold Law, trammer, of Hawson Street, Wombwell, verdict was returned that death was due to scarlet fever accelerated by scalds accidentally received at his home by falling into a bowl of hot water on August 25th.

The child was about to be washed at the time.

Scarlet fever developed and he died in the Kendray Hospital on Monday.